Call For Abstracts
- The abstract deadline is February 28, 2020, 23:59 (CDT)
- The sole means of abstract submission is through the online submission system.
- If you require special permissions or authorizations with regards to your abstract, they must be received prior to submission.
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- All submissions will be considered for poster presentation at the FNDS Conference June 14-16, 2020. A small selection of posters will also be selected for Poster Platforms, five-minute oral presentations during the general session.
- Poster spaces are limited. Please do not submit an abstract unless you are committed to attending the meeting and presenting.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery, and Psychiatry.
Please note the following criteria:
- There is no fee to submit an abstract
- All abstract submissions must be original research
- Abstracts must be submitted and presented in English
- Abstracts that have been presented at other meetings may be submitted if they have not been published and if the meeting name and date are cited accordingly
- To be assured of a poster space after receiving an acceptance, the presenting author must register and pay by the Advance Registration deadline (May 14, 2020) in order to secure a spot in the poster hall. Registration information can be found here. If you do not register and pay by the date specified, your poster will be withdrawn from the program.
Abstracts should adhere to the following format:
- Objective (250 characters)
- Background (250 characters)
- Methods (750 characters)
- Results (750 characters)
- Conclusions (750 characters)
- References (up to two)
You will be asked to list the name, affiliation and e-mail for each co-author. However, all communications and notifications regarding abstract submissions will be sent only to the submitting author.
You may upload up to three files. The size limit for each file is 4MB.
Please refrain from using special characters within the abstract text.
The use of standard abbreviations is desirable. A special or unusual abbreviation should be placed in parentheses after the first appearance of the full word for which it stands. Non-proprietary (generic) drug names should be used and should be written without capitals.
If you are including tables or figures within your abstract, you must enter the appropriate ID tag in the abstract body where you would like your tables and/or figures to appear. Tags must be entered as shown - [table1] for your first table; [table2] for your second table; [figure1] for your first figure; [figure2] for your second figure. You may upload the tables within the abstract submission system.
Upon submission you will be asked to select the category which most closely relates to your abstract. Each abstract category corresponds with one conference day, and are as follows:
Poster Mentoring Program
During the submission process, the submitter may indicate interest in having their poster presentation evaluated by a senior FNDS member during the meeting. Interested participants will be matched with mentors (when possible, according to areas of expertise) who can provide feedback on their poster presentation and advice on next steps for research.
If you are a student, trainee, or early career professional interested in this program, be sure to check the box on your abstract submission!
The Scientific Program Committee will review all abstracts following the submission deadline. Authors are required to select one category under which their abstract should be reviewed.
The Committee shall be directed to reject abstracts for the following causes:
- Plagiarism Detected
- Subject not related to the field of functional neurological disorders
- Does not meet basic submission requirements
Changes after submission are strongly discouraged. If critical changes need to be made to your abstract after submission, please send a request via email by February 28, 2020. Changes will not be accepted after this date.
Presenting authors will be notified via e-mail of abstract acceptance in April, 2020. If you have not received notification by May 1, 2020, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions regarding the online abstract submission process or about the FNDS Conference should be submitted to email@example.com.