RESCHEDULED: 4th International Conference on Functional Neurological Disorders to June 2021, dates to be determined, in Boston.
Information updated: March 12, 2020 — Based on recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), along with travel restrictions, the FNDS Board decided to RESCHEDULE the 2020 meeting, June 14-16 in Boston to June 2021, dates to be determined. Full registration fee will be automatically refunded (expect 4-6 weeks processing time).
Information updated: March 6, 2020 — The Functional Neurological Disorder Society‘s 4th International Conference on Functional Neurological Disorders will take place as planned June 14–16, 2020 in Boston, Massachusetts, and the FNDS is taking all necessary precautions to ensure the health and safety of attendees in light of concerns about COVID-19, commonly known as the coronavirus.
We are closely monitoring developments and staying abreast of updates from health organizations responsible for tracking and responding to the virus, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), and European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC). We want to assure anyone planning to attend the FNDS International Conference that their health, safety, and security is our top priority.
How we are preparing
While the CDC notes that immediate risk from COVID-19 is low, the FNDS is prepared to rapidly respond to any issues that arise during the Conference and provide assistance to all attendees. We are taking the following to actions to prepare:
- Enhancing communications — In addition to website and email notification, FNDS will communicate any change in status of the Conference through push notifications for all attendees who download the FNDS’s Conference app (soon to be available).
- Increasing the number of hand-sanitizing stations placed throughout the George Sherman Union.
- Adhering to all guidance and recommended safety measures issued by the WHO, CDC, the Massachusetts Department of Public Health, the City of Boston, and local health organizations, including CDC’s health care protocols for management of COVID-19 by state and local health departments updated as of January 2020 and WHO’s recently released Key Planning Recommendations for Mass Gatherings in the Context of the Current COVID-19 Outbreak.
- Actively encouraging attendees to take common-sense precautions and follow CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of illness.
- Following CDC recommendations and protocols for heightened cleanliness at event facilities.
The FNDS is taking COVID-19 seriously and is fully engaged and prepared to host a successful Conference in Boston. We encourage attendees to monitor the CDC website for additional information and follow the WHO’s Travel Advice as they consider their travel arrangements to the FNDS International Conference, as well as its recommendations for protecting themselves from an infection. In addition, we are closely monitoring all travel alerts issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
We will continue to update you via FNDSociety.org, email, and the Conference app. If you have any questions or need further information, please contact the FNDS at 1+ (414) 918-9814 or info@FNDSociety.org.
- World Health Organization (Twitter @WHO)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (Twitter @CDCgov)
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (Twitter @ECDC_EU)
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- City of Boston
- Boston University COVID-19 Information
- AMA Resource Center for Physicians