The FNDS' Social Media Policy
By posting on any Functional Neurological Disorder Society (FNDS) Social Media Site you agree to the following terms:
The FNDS has opened publicly facing pages on Social Media Sites (Facebook and Twitter) for viewing content and/or videos and photographs and posting comments about the FNDS. These Social Media Sites include but are not limited to various forums, networks, multimedia and links to news media Sites or other user generated content Sites (“FNDS' Social Media Sites”).
- You must be a medical or healthcare professional and at least 18 years old to post any content on any FNDS' Social Media Site.
- You are prohibited from posting any content that contains personal health information, including but not limited to patient images, on any FNDS' Social Media Site. You are also prohibited from using the FNDS' Social Media Site to provide medical advice or medical commentary.
- As a guest posting content to any FNDS' Social Media Site, you agree that you will not:
- Violate any local, state, federal and international laws and regulations, including but not limited to copyright and intellectual property rights laws regarding any content that you send or receive via this Policy;
- Transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that is unlawful, disruptive, threatening, profane, abusive, harassing, embarrassing, tortious, defamatory, obscene, libelous, or is an invasion of another's privacy, is hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable as solely determined in the FNDS’ discretion; impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- Transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; transmit (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising (including advertising of non-FNDS services or products), promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes” or any other form of solicitation;
- Transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that contains software viruses, worms, disabling code, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Transmit any material (by uploading, posting, email or otherwise) that encourages or facilitates others to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade in violation of the antitrust laws;
- Harass another;
- Collect or store, or attempt to collect or store, personal data about third parties without their knowledge or consent;
- Share confidential pricing information of any party.
Also, the FNDS reserves the right to monitor, prohibit, restrict, block, suspend, terminate, delete, or discontinue your access to any FNDS' Social Media Site, at any time, without notice and for any reason and in its sole discretion. The FNDS may remove, delete, block, filter or restrict by any other means any materials in the FNDS’ sole discretion. You understand and agree that the FNDS may disclose your communications and activities with the FNDS in response to lawful requests by governmental authorities, judicial orders, warrants or subpoenas, or for the protection of the FNDS rights. You agree that if the FNDS exercises any of its rights hereunder for any reason, the FNDS will have no liability to you.
- By posting any content on any FNDS' Social Media Site, you grant to the FNDS the irrevocable right and license to reproduce, distribute, publish, and display such content and the right to create derivative works from your content, edit or modify such content and use such content for any FNDS' purpose.
- You shall defend, indemnify, and hold the FNDS and its officers, directors, employees, contractors, agents, successors and assigns harmless from and against, and shall promptly reimburse them for, any and all losses, claims, damages, settlements, costs, and liabilities of any nature whatsoever (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) to which any of them may become subject arising out of, based upon, as a result of, or in any way connected with, your posting of any content to any FNDS' Social Media Site, any third party claims of infringement or any breach of this Policy.
- The FNDS' Social Media Sites are provided as a service of the FNDS. The FNDS is not responsible for the opinions and information posted by others. The FNDS disclaims all warranties with regard to information and comments posted, whether posted by the FNDS or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall the FNDS be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information or comments posted.
- You expressly acknowledge that you assume all responsibility related to the security, privacy, and confidentiality risks inherent in sending any content over the Internet. By its very nature, a website and the Internet cannot be absolutely protected against intentional or malicious intrusion attempts. The FNDS does not control the third-party sites and the Internet over which you may choose to send confidential personal or health information or other content and, therefore, the FNDS does not warrant any safeguard against any such interceptions or compromises to your information. When posting any content on an Internet Site, you should think carefully about your own privacy in disclosing detailed or private information about yourself and your family. Furthermore, the FNDS does not endorse any product, service, views, or content displayed on any FNDS' Social Media Site. The Society is a non-profit organization and therefore you should not seek profit from FNDS' social media activities.
- You may not provide any content to any FNDS' Social Media Site that contains any product or service endorsements or any content that may be construed as political lobbying, solicitations or contributions or use the FNDS' Social Media Site to link to any sites or political candidates or parties or use the FNDS' Social Media Site to discuss political campaigns, issues or for taking a position on any legislation or law. Content posted on FNDS' Social Media Sites should be relevant to the field of Functional Neurological Disorders and not political in nature.
- You agree that any claim or dispute relating to your posting of any content on any FNDS' Social Media Site on the Internet shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Wisconsin, USA, without regard to its conflict of laws / provisions and you agree to be bound and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the local, state, or federal courts located in Milwaukee County, Wisconsin, USA.
- This policy may be updated at any time without notice and each time a user accesses a social networking site, the new policy will govern usage effective upon posting. To remain in compliance, the FNDS suggests that you review this Policy, as well as the other website policies, at regular intervals. By continuing to post any content after such new terms are posted, you accept and agree to any and all such modifications to this Policy.