Call For Abstracts
Abstract Submissions Open
To submit an abstract please click HERE.
- Submission deadline: April 2, 2024 at 11:59 PST (8:00 am UTC) (find your local day/time)
- Authors notified: Within two weeks of submission
- Deadline to register for the Meeting: May 28, 2024
- If you do not register and pay by May 28, your poster will be withdrawn from the program.
- Abstract submission is through the online system.
- If you require special permissions or authorizations with regards to your abstract, they must be received prior to submission.
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- All submissions will be considered for poster presentation at the International Conference. A small selection of posters will also be selected for five-minute oral presentations during the last day of the meeting.
- Poster presentations are encouraged to be in-person.
Please note the following criteria:
- There is no fee to submit an abstract
- All abstract submissions must be original research.
- Abstracts must be submitted and presented in English.
- Abstracts previously presented at other meetings may be submitted if they have not been published and the meeting name and date cited accordingly.
- After receiving an acceptance, the presenting author must register and pay by the Advance Registration deadline (May 28) in order to secure a spot in the poster hall. If you do not register and pay by May 28, 2024, your poster will be withdrawn from the program.
Abstracts should adhere to the following format. Character limits include spaces:
- References (up to two)
- Co-Authors (You will be asked to list the name, affiliation and e-mail for each co-author. However, all communications and notifications regarding abstract submissions will be sent only to the submitting author.)
You may upload up to three files. The size limit for each file is 4MB.
Accepted file formats: Word, Excel, PDF, JPG, PNG, PPT, TXT
Please refrain from using special characters within the abstract text.
The use of standard abbreviations is desirable. A special or unusual abbreviation should be placed in parentheses after the first appearance of the full word for which it stands. Non-proprietary (generic) drug names should be used and should be written without capitals.
If you are including tables or figures within your abstract, you must enter the appropriate ID tag in the abstract body where you would like your tables and/or figures to appear. Tags must be entered as shown - [table1] for your first table; [table2] for your second table; [figure1] for your first figure; [figure2] for your second figure. You may upload the tables within the abstract submission system.
Upon submission you will be asked to select the category which most closely relates to your abstract. Each abstract category corresponds with one conference day, and are as follows:
Poster Mentoring Program
During the submission process, you can indicate interest in having your poster presentation evaluated by a senior FNDS member during the meeting. Interested participants will be matched with mentors (when possible, according to areas of expertise) who can provide feedback on their poster presentation and advice on next steps for research. If you are a student, trainee, or early career professional interested in this program, be sure to check the box on your abstract submission!
The Scientific Program Committee will review all abstracts following the submission deadline. Authors are required to select one category under which their abstract should be reviewed.
The Committee shall be directed to reject abstracts for the following causes:
- Plagiarism Detected
- Subject not related to the field of functional neurological disorders
- Does not meet basic submission requirements
Changes after submission are strongly discouraged. If critical changes need to be made to your abstract after submission, please send a request via email prior to the final date of submission. Changes will not be accepted after this date.
Presenting authors will be notified via e-mail of abstract acceptance within two weeks of abstract submission.
Questions regarding the online abstract submission process or about the FNDS Conference should be submitted to email@example.com.